ThePlanning Place have recently been undertaking mail outs to advise localresidents of Neighbourhood Plans changing in their suburbs. There are currentlyeight (8) draft neighbourhood plans in progress across the Brisbane localgovernment area, detailed below:
· Dutton Park – FairfieldNeighbourhood Plan – in effect as of 14th September 2018
· Spring HillNeighbourhood Plan – in effect as of 14th September 2018
· Newstead NorthNeighbourhood Plan – in effect as of 14th September 2018
· Coorparoo &Districts Neighbourhood Plan
· Banyo NorthgateNeighbourhood Plan
· Kangaroo PointPeninsular Neighbourhood Plan
· Ferny Grove – UpperKedron Neighbourhood Plan – being adopted 21st September 2018
· The Gap NeighbourhoodPlan
Eachof the draft Neighbourhood Plan’s timelines vary, however, many are set ofadoption and gazzetal in 2018. Please see above image identifying suburbswhere properties will be affected:
What is changing?
In the vast majority of Draft Neighbourhood Plans, a large amount of properties will be removed from the Low-Medium Density Residential (LMR) Zone to be included in the Character Residential (CR) Zone.
What this means for your property?
The end result can be a reduction in the number of dwellings that can be established on your land, and an increase in the minimum lot size requirements for a subdivision, which potentially reduces the value a developer may pay for your property to redevelop if you intend to sell in the future, based on development potential.
Pleasefeel free to contact The Planning Placeto obtain an obligation-free quote for a request to assess a developmentapplication under RiskSMART’s fast track program.