RiskSMART was established in 2007 by the Brisbane City Council for Low Risk Town Planning Applications to increase the efficiency of the Development Assessment process. Since then it has spread to other Councils throughout the South-East Queensland corner, including Gold Coast City Council and Logan City Council.
The following categories can currently be assessed through the Brisbane RiskSMART assessment process:
- House Extensions in a Demolition Control Precinct
- New House in a Demolition Control Precinct
- 6 Multi-Unit Dwellings or Less
- 6 Single-Unit Dwellings or less
- 6 Lot Subdivision
- Shops and Offices or Centre Activity in a Centre
- Industry in an Industry Area
The Planning Place is a RiskSMART accredited firm which allows us to go through various Council’s fast-track process; meaning, your application is assessed faster and has higher probability of approval.
Key Benefits of RiskSMART:
- Timely approvals – far faster development approval timeframes, 5 day turnaround target by Council.
- Greater certainty of decision – any deficiency with the application is rectified knowing that approval can be issued.
- Fixed Fee – you know what your total development approval costs up front.
- Council Discount – A reduction on Councils development application fee by 30%