Different Local Councils place different levels of importance with pre-lodgement meetings. Some Councils actively encourage and provide discounts for subsequent well made applications, others discourage and impose a meeting fee. The Planning Place can guide you with what meetings to seek and whom you should meet, depending on the complexity of the project and where it is prior to its lodgement.
The Planning Place can also arrange and meet with elected representatives on potential contentious developments. A selection of developments where pre-lodgement meetings were held include:
- Tourist resort in Gladstone region – meeting State, Federal members of parliament, tourism bodies and environmental management departments.
- Various impact assessable development on heavily constrained sites – meeting within local Councillors and Chair of Planning.
- Proposed retirement village/intensive animal husbandry – meetings with Moreton Bay Regional Council.
- Proposed church, industrial development – meetings with Logan City Council.
- Main road interchange, hard rock haulage routes, future industrial estate, Tivoli – meeting with Department of Transport and Main Roads and Ipswich City Council.